Saturday, March 17, 2012
Best Buy:Panasonic KXTGP500B04 DECT 6.0 Cordeless Phone
Product Description
Panasonic KX-TGP500 SIP Phone System w/Location-Free Base Station & 1 Cordless Handset
- New - Retail
- 1-Year Warranty
Panasonic KXTGP500B04 DECT 6.0 Cordeless Phone Reviews
Panasonic KXTGP500B04 DECT 6.0 Cordeless Phone Reviews
| 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Panasonic KXTGP500B04 DECT 6.0 Cordeless Phone (Electronics) I've been looking to get rid of my landline for a while and needed a solution that lets me put the base unit in a small closet and the handset where I need it.If you're in the same boat, you don't have many choices. I purchased the Simens GIgaset 675 about a year ago, and while it works fine, the volume from the handset was SO low that it was almost unusable. I've since read that other Gigaset models are louder but that the volume issue for my model is a common complaint I recently stumbled across this unit and since I've always been happy with standard Panasonic cordless phones I thought I'd give it try. I was VERY hesitant to purchase the unit since the vast majority of user reviews I found mentioned endless issues getting it registered to their voip provider. After a while I found that there was a firmware update in Sep 2010 which solved the issues and indeed I didn't see any mention of setup issues after that date... Read more This review is from: Panasonic KXTGP500B04 DECT 6.0 Cordeless Phone (Electronics) 3 simultaneous calls and up to 6 cordless handsets, perfect for small business or home office.Range and call quality is far better than previous generation cordless phones. Includes all the necessary features: Speakerphone, Transfer, Intercom, Message Waiting Indicator, etc. My only suggestions to Panasonic would be to allow more than 6 handsets. Not sure we'll ever need more than 3 or 4, but it would be "nice" to feel like the system could grow more if we needed it to. Also a dedicate transfer button would be handy. But if you're transferring a lot, you should probably get a desk phone. Some reviews mentioned difficult setup. Our VoIP provider (voiSip) was able to do it remotely in about 2 minutes. Highly recommended versus trying to do it yourself!!! 1 of 3 people found the following review helpful By Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?) This review is from: Panasonic KXTGP500B04 DECT 6.0 Cordeless Phone (Electronics) This product continues a fine tradition of "nice idea, great spec sheet, poor final product." There is more to a recipe than the ingredient list. In this case, the software is poor, and uses an asinine security model that was designed by a "we know best" team. The sound quality was pretty good, and I had no issues with range or battery life. The phone itself is a decent and attractive design, but it would be nice if more thought were put into the additional features offered by an IP phone. It could just be that it is not possible to offer easy access to all the functions from a small cordless handset, but if you need even a basic like transferring calls on a regular basis, this phone is not for you. It technically can be used as a business phone, but will be inadequate in most cases. I have not seen a better cordless IP phone, however, I still ended up returning this phone after a few weeks because I found it unusable. |
› See all 3 customer reviews...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment